The FOSSEE project, IIT Bombay manage OpenModelica Flowsheeting Project. We provide internship certificates and honorarium to all who participate in this activity. The procedure is as follows:
- Learn OpenModelica. Get started by visiting our spoken tutorials here.
- Submit flowsheeting proposal
- Log into existing OpenModelica account, else create a new account if you are a new user.
- Propose your preferred process development project for which you intend to create process flowsheet, using the proposal form here.
- Ensure that proposed flowsheeting project is not available in Completed Flowsheet or Flowsheet in Progress.
- Select a compound for which you intend to create its process flowsheet. Declare it in proposal form along with its CAS Number.
- Intimation about the approval or rejection of the proposal will be informed via email within 1 week.
- Once approved, start building the process flowsheet for the proposed compound. Click here for guidelines on developing the process development flowsheet.
- Prepare a brief outline/abstract for the developed process in about two pages. Click here for guidelines on developing the abstract.
- Upload the developed flowsheet and brief abstract in the portal. Click here to upload.
- Simultaneously, post the IITB internship forms. For further details, click here.
- Review of the Flowsheet:
- Initially, the uploaded flowsheet will be reviewed for errors, which should typically take about 15 days.
- If any of the flowsheet or any of its components is found to be erroneous, the intern will have to resubmit the corrected flowsheet after ensuring that the COMPLETE flowsheet is bug-free
- Once the submitted flowsheet is bug-free, the output of the flowsheet will be verified for correctness and verified with the information provided in the abstract. This process may take up to 45 working days.
- If one submits the flowsheet for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of the honorarium.
- Review of the Abstract:
- Initially the uploaded abstract will be checked for any plagiarism.
- If any Plagiarism is found in the abstract, it will attract a penalty which will be reduced from the honorarium received for flowsheet.
- Uploaded abstract will be checked for its process description and obtained results from the OpenModelica flowsheet.
- Interns who successfully finish the flowsheet project as per the detailed procedure will be awarded an internship e-certificate and an honorarium.
- Simple flowsheets with one or two unit operations will not be accepted. For example, a flowsheet with only a mixer or a reactor will not be accepted.
NOTE: Contributors are recommended to use the OpenModelica version 1.11.0 available for creating/uploading the flowsheets.