Power System Simulation Project is managed by the FOSSEE project at IIT Bombay. We provide internship certificates and honorarium to all who successfully participate in this activity. The procedure is as follows:
- Learn OpenModelica and OpenIPSL. Get started by visiting the spoken tutorials here.
- Submit a simulation proposal
- Log into existing account, or else create a new account if you are a new user.
- Propose your preferred power systems simulation for which you intend to create a model, using the proposal form here.
- Ensure that proposed simulation is not available under Completed Simulations or Simulations in Progress.
- Note that for group submissions the group size is limited to maximum 3 members and name of the contributor must be entered in the format as suggested in proposal form.
- Please submit a brief abstract along with the simulation proposal.
- Intimation about the approval or rejection of the proposal will be informed via email within a week.
- Once approved, start developing the model for the proposed simulation. Click here for the guidelines for coding.
- Prepare a detailed abstract including the results in about 2 to 4 pages maximum, in pdf format.
- Upload the models as a Modelica package in the portal along with the detailed abstract. Click here to upload.
- Simultaneously, post the IITB internship forms. For further details click here.
- Review of the Simulation:
- Initially, the uploaded models will be reviewed for errors, which should typically take about 7 to 8 days.
- If any of the models or any of its submodels is found to be erroneous, the intern will have to submit the corrected code/ model after ensuring that the simulation is bug-free.
- Once the submitted simulation is bug-free, the output of the simulation will be verified for correctness and will be checked as per the information provided in the uploaded abstract. This process may take up to 30 working days.
- If one submits the simulation for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of the honorarium.
- Review of the Abstract:
- Initially the uploaded abstract will be checked for any kind of plagiarism.
- If any kind of Plagiarism is found in the abstract, it will attract a penalty which will be reduced from the honorarium received for the simulation.
- Uploaded abstract will be re-checked for its model description and obtained simulation results.
- Interns who successfully complete the simulation project as per the specified procedure will be awarded an internship e-certificate and an honorarium.
- Simple power systems models will not be accepted. For example, a power system model with only with one or two buses with a simple generator model will not be accepted.
NOTE: Contributors are recommended to use the latest OpenModelica and OpenIPSL versions available for creating the models.