Textbook Companion Project Internship
OpenModelica Textbook Companion is managed by the FOSSEE project, IIT Bombay. We provide internship certificates to all who participate in this activity. The procedure is as follows:
- Learn OpenModelica. Resources are provided at OpenModelica Resources
- Submit a book proposal
- Book proposal criteria and sample codes
- Make sure that the proposed book has at least 60 solved examples which can be coded.
- Exclude theoretical examples such as derivations or problems which have no scope of computation.
- Upload the sample code from the book in proposal form in a .zip file.
- Sample code must have minimum of 5 examples coded from the textbook.
- Intimation about the approval or rejection of the proposal will be informed via email within 1 week. The approved textbook will appear under Books in Progress.
- Once approved, start coding only the solved examples of the textbook and upload the code on the Code Submission interface.
- Send an acknowledgement email to contact-om(at)fossee(dot)in once all the code is uploaded on the interface. The review will not start until we receive the e-mail. Simultaneously, post the IITB internship forms. For further details click here
- Review of the book
- Initially, the uploaded code will be reviewed for errors which will typically take 14 working days.
- If any code is found to be erroneous, the intern will have to resubmit the corrected code after ensuring that ALL the code is bug-free.
- Once all the submitted code is bug-free, the output of the code will be verified with the results in the textbook. This process may take up to 45 days.
- If you submit the code for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of your honorarium.
- Interns who successfully finish the textbook companion as per the specified procedure will be awarded an internship e-certificate and honorarium.
Terms and Conditions:
- Sample codes are a must and should be uploaded for the approval of the book.
- Code all the solved examples given in the textbook.
- Complete the coding in 3 months time.
- Be regular, else the internship will be cancelled.
- Use only OpenModelica and not any other FLOSS.
- If the total number of examples in the textbook is less than 60, the intern will be paid reduced honorarium. For further details, click here.
- We cannot provide honorarium till we receive the forms.